How do I set up my GMail SMTP Server?
Posted by Jeff-Net Fan Support 2 on 01 November 2011 12:35 PM
How do I set up my GMail SMTP Server for Report Runner Batch?
* First you will want to configure your mail settings in the Settings-Global Option, and under the "Mail Settings" tab within Report Runner Batch.
* Then, go to the Public Documents And Settings of Jeff-Net\Report Runner Batch (The file path might look like this: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Jeff-Net\Report Runner Batch)
* Open the JNRRB.INI file (It should open in a text editor such as Notepad).
* Once this JNRRB.INI file is open, locate the [Options] Group within this file
* Locate the INI Setting (under [Options] Group) called MailPort=25
* You will change this port number to 587
* Then locate the INI Setting called MAILTLS=0
* You will change this number to 1
After this changes you should see your INI Settings look like this below:
* SAVE the changes to this JNRRB.INI file
Note: If you are on version 2012.3 or later, there is a "SEND TEST MAIL" that you can use to then test your mail settings.
We have also provided the Google article linke below that contains the information needed to set up your GMail SMTP Server settings.